NCVPS is excited to announce that parents and guardians can now view their students progress in our Canvas courses. Observers have limited permissions that allow them to view what is happening in a course without interrupting the flow of daily course communication. To learn more about observing, view the Parent Registration and Student Observation video.
• View and read announcements
• View assignments index page
• View the calendar
• View their own personal inbox
• Send conversation messages to instructor and student they are observing
• View the dashboard
• View and read discussions
• View files (unless they are locked)
• View grades of student they are observing and filter, view scores and dates, and print grades
• View modules and see due dates, point values, etc.
• View pages and contribute if the instructor enables the Anyone can edit it setting
• View profile pictures, if available
• View syllabus
• View outcomes
• View quizzes index page
• Comment on announcements or discussions
• Submit assignments or quizzes
• View course rosters
• Send conversation messages to students in the course they are not observing
• View locked files or folders
• Join groups
• View unpublished courses
Detailed instructions, including screenshots, for signing up for an Observer Account is accessible by clicking here. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the sign-up process or run into any technical difficulties, please contact the NCVPS Help Desk.