We are excited to announce the Curriculum Team will be accepting applications for a Curriculum Specialist from June 18, 2018 – June 29, 2018, for a mid-August to mid-June temporary position.
Please read the job descriptions below to learn more about the responsibilities and qualifications for this unique position.
The Curriculum Specialists will perform various curriculum tasks related to the maintenance and development of course content in NCVPS courses. These tasks will be completed under the direction of the Curriculum staff and may include but are not limited to:
- Curate resources for NCVPS courses as requested.
- Update course content and materials as needed based on concerns shared through help desk tickets, student feedback, teacher feedback, and staff feedback. These updates may be completed in the master course shells and/or live course sections located in the Canvas learning management system.
- Create and/or revise learning objects and lessons using Articulate 360 software provided by NCVPS. The lessons may be a conversion of a SoftChalk lesson to an Articulate Rise lesson or a brand new lesson or learning object needed for a specific purpose.
- Create, edit, revise, and/or upload videos into the NCVPS video streaming software.
- Assist the NCVPS Curriculum and Technology Departments in packaging courses as requested.
- Collaborate and lead teams through Curriculum related processes such as the SWOT analysis, mini-contracts, trainings, and course development as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A qualified candidate should have an educational background and certification in a K12 subject area and extensive work teaching and developing in an online environment is desired. The candidate should have experience working in learning management systems, a high level of understanding of copyright and fair use laws, accessibility laws and guidelines, and be available to work approximately 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday, though some weekend hours would be allowed. The hourly rate is determined by Human Resources based on experience and education level of the candidate.
NCVPS will provide the contractor access to Articulate 360, Movie Captioner, SoftChalk, and the NCVPS video streaming software during the contract period. The contractor will be responsible for providing all hardware equipment. This position is home based, but any travel will be the responsibility of the contractor. The contractor will have to report to the NCVPS office to sign completed paperwork in person. The contractor may have to report to Department of Public Instruction's (DPI) Human Resource Office on the first day of the job to receive a brief orientation on the policies and practices of the position.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for this temporary position, please email your resume to Darlene Schaefer (darlene.schaefer@
Due to the anticipated large volume of applications, individual requests for status and updates in the hiring process will not be addressed.