Develop for Us
NCVirtual courses are taught online using course content in the Canvas learning management systems. Instruction is both asynchronous and synchronous. Our courses are written by a team of highly qualified NC certified teachers and designed by Instructional Technology Specialists. The Curriculum Staff accepts applications intermittently for various development, design, and general Curriculum opportunities.
We recruit for most of our content writer and content development positions starting in late winter/early spring. If you are interested and feel you meet the job qualifications below, please access the NCVPS Job Board for current job vacancies.
- Highly-qualified NC teacher certification in the content area of interest.
- Knowledge of course design frameworks such as Understanding by Design, Universal Design for Learning Principles, Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy, and Quality Matters standards.
- Strong familiarity with curriculum standards and experience teaching the standards.
- Experience creating engaging, interactive learning lessons and activities for students through problem-based learning, real-world examples, authentic assessments, and more.
- High organization, and self-management skills.
- Ownership of personal computer, phone/other communication device, and Internet access