Develop for Us
NCVirtual courses are taught online using course content in the Canvas learning management systems. Instruction is both asynchronous and synchronous. Our courses are written by a team of highly qualified NC certified teachers and designed by Instructional Technology Specialists. The Curriculum Staff accepts applications intermittently for various development, design, and general Curriculum opportunities.
We recruit for most of our content writer and content development positions starting in late winter/early spring. If you are interested and feel you meet the job qualifications below, please access the NCVPS Job Board for current job vacancies.
- Highly-qualified NC teacher certification in the content area of interest.
- Knowledge of course design frameworks such as Understanding by Design, Universal Design for Learning Principles, Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy, and Quality Matters standards.
- Strong familiarity with curriculum standards and experience teaching the standards.
- Experience creating engaging, interactive learning lessons and activities for students through problem-based learning, real-world examples, authentic assessments, and more.
- High organization, and self-management skills.
- Ownership of personal computer, phone/other communication device, and Internet access
Currently, we are accepting applications for Instructional Technology Specialists (ITS) through June 26. Interviews for the ITS positions will be held between June 29 -30. The anticipated start date for the ITS position is August 15, 2020, and the anticipated end date is June 30, 2021.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work approximately 15 hours per week. The working hours for the ITS positions are flexible and will be discussed in more detail during the hiring process and will be adapted throughout the term of employment.
While ITS positions do not require certification in a specific subject area, there are certain qualifications potential candidates should possess.
Please review the job responsibilities and job qualifications below and determine if you might be the right fit for an Instructional Technology Specialist contract position responsible for inserting and formatting content according to design standards for the NC Virtual Public School.
Part Time Instructional Technology Specialists– will perform various tasks related to the instructional design of NCVPS courses. These may include but are not limited to:
- Review and revise courses to ensure they meet accessibility standards.
- Use designated technologies to caption existing or new videos according to specifications.
- Update course content and materials in the master course shells located in the Canvas learning management system as directed by the Curriculum Staff.
- Plan, design, format, and insert course materials provided by content developers/writers into the Canvas learning management system according to the provided design standards.
- Create and/or revise learning objects and/or lessons using Articulate 360 software provided by NCVPS.
- Create, edit, revise, and/or upload videos into the NCVPS video streaming software.
- Complete all work following the NCVPS Instructional Designer’s specifications and development timeline.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A qualified candidate should have an instructional technology background and extensive work teaching and developing in an online environment is desired. The candidate should have experience working in learning management systems, a high level of understanding of copyright and fair use laws, accessibility laws and guidelines, and be available to work consistently 15 hours per week. The number of hours the contractor is allowed to work each week will be discussed and specified by the supervisor upon hiring. The hourly rate is determined by Human Resources based on experience and education level of the candidate.
If you are interested, please submit an application.
Due to the anticipated large volume of applications, individual requests for status and updates in the hiring process will not be addressed.