The North Carolina Virtual Public School (NCVPS) is currently working on a process to share the courses designated as shared courses through the NC Canvas Commons. While we work on this process, we are enacting a moratorium on sharing of these courses. Once the course content is available through the NC Canvas Commons, you may follow the directions provided by DPI below for access. For information on which courses will be available, see the proposed timeline below. We thank you for interest in incorporating digital content into your practice and your patience while we streamline this process. As the courses become available, please follow the following directions, sent to all Canvas Administrators on Monday, April 10th:
- Schoolnet Module 1 and NCVPS courses are now available in the Canvas LMS. If you would like to access these, please fill out the information on this link https://goo.gl/forms/krF1Fko7a1Hsn81I2
- After you submit this form, you will be added to “NC Canvas” Consortium and notified by email when this occurs. Your District/Charter Canvas Admin will have to go into Canvas to accept the invite. (click path….Commons, Admin, Consortium, accept invite) After accepting, you will be able to see all NCDPI Shared Courses.
- If your district uses another LMS, please click this link to access the common cartridge files which can be used in other LMS platforms.
- These files will be added to the LOR/Schoolnet for searching purposes, but WILL ONLY work in an LMS or something that reads common cartridge files.
By the end of February 2017, the following courses will be available.
- eCommerce 1 Honors
- Principles of Business and Finance
- Personal Finance
- Strategic Marketing
By late-April 2017, the following courses will be available.
- American History 1
- American History 2
- Biotechnology & AgriScience 1
- Computer Programming 1
- World History
By mid-May 2017, the following courses will be available.
- Biotechnology & AgriScience 2
- Career Management
By mid-June 2017, the following courses will be available.
- Chemistry Honors
- English 1
- English 2
- English 3
- English 4
By mid-July 2017, the following courses will be available.
- Arabic 1
- Arabic 2
- Japanese 1
- Japanese 2
- AP Mandarin
- Mandarin Chinese 1
- Mandarin Chinese 2
- Mandarin Chinese 3
- Mandarin Chinese 4