Prepare for Success in the Virtual Environment with our Teacher Online Training Course
The TOT (Teacher Online Training) Course is NCVirtual’s FREE professional development program designed to prepare and support educators as they work in online and remote learning environments.
Course: An Introduction to Online Teaching and Development
This course will focus on the basics of putting content online and the critical strategies for teaching online.
Course Topics Include:
- Using the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
- Adapting & Placing Content Online
- Student Engagement
- Making Content Accessible to All Learners.
- …and much more!
- Assessment Tools
- Teacher Talk & Clear Expectations
- Intellectual Property & Copyright
- Maintaining an Online Presence
- Engaging Through Feedback
Course Structure and Duration:
This course is asynchronous and facilitator-led. Facilitators have many years of experience in online learning and are specially trained to work with educators transitioning to this environment.
* Participants work in cohorts to complete five modules.
* A cohort is 35 to 50 educators.
The course is designed to be completed within a specified 4-week time frame.
* Course takes 20 hours to complete.
* Successful completers will be issued a participation certificate for 2.0 units.