We have several processes that schools should follow throughout the semester to help students have greater success in NCVPS courses. Check out these four support features:
1. Check Grade Reports
Check the registration system for progress reports. We post progress reports every two weeks in the registration system. If you have questions about a student’s performance between grade postings, email the student’s teacher directly for an update. We will continue to post our grades into the registration system until we are integrated with PowerSchool.
2. NCVPS Help
Districts, schools, and students have several places to seek help. Determine which of the following resource you need:
- NCVPS Virtual Support Center – Get all your questions answered and problems solved here. Students, e-learning advisors (ELAs), school and district staff personnel, NCVPS teachers, and parents can all use the support center. Follow this link to the support center, and start by clicking on “Open New Ticket.” If students forget their passwords or the password stops working, students can always use the password reset link on the Canvas login page.
- NCVPS Instructors – Students and e-learning advisors should contact instructors for all instruction and grade questions.
- E-learning Advisors – Students who need help with registration and other school-based issues and questions should contact their ELAs.
- Peer Tutoring – The Peer Tutoring Center gives class help to students from other students.
- Outside Providers – Find help here for OSU’s German courses: 1-800-423-6493 and email@example.com.
3. Interventions for Low-Performing or At-Risk Students
If you have students who are low-performing, under-performing, or at-risk for any reason, NCVPS has a number of intervention strategies for districts and school to follow.
- Have students contact their instructors during their office hours for live help.
- Try to establish a recurring time for student to meet with instructor (by Wimba, Pronto, or phone) for one-on-one tutoring.
- Have student sign up for NCVPS Peer Tutoring, which is available for certain courses. Students will sign up for peer tutoring through their NCVPS teachers. Follow this link for more details.
- Establish peer tutoring with other successful NCVPS students at your school (if available).
- Have EC students meet with the school’s EC specialist.
- See our list of assistive technologies that can help students with their courses.
- Have students attend your school’s review sessions (if available).
- Have students attend your school’s tutoring session (if available).
- If the student taking the course off campus, consider moving the student to a lab setting, especially if the student is not logging into the course.
- If you have students in EOC courses, but sure that they take part in our EOC Reviews that are in each EOC course. Have them contact their teachers for more information.
- Establish weekly or bi-weekly contact with instructors of any at-risk students.
- Check for progress reports and report cards in the registration system. Updates are made every two weeks. You may contact teachers directly between updates to check on student progress.
4. Be Aware of Current Enrollment Options
We can still help schools with enrollments throughout the semester. Even though our regular enrollment period is over, we do have these options available:
- We can accept transfer students. Transfer students must be enrolled in the class at the face-to-face school, have seat time with an instructor, and have a passing grade to transfer in with. We must also have an available seat in the course to accommodate the transfer. Contact the virtual support center to transfer students. Transfer options will remain open through midterms each semester.
- Our credit recovery courses remain open through midterms each semester.
- We can still enroll OCS students into existing sections. We can’t open new OCS sections for schools, though.
- We have Flex Learning options available throughout the semester. Contact our virtual support center to enroll students into Flex Learning courses.