First Day of Class
- Create group emails for teachers and establish contact with them. Teacher contact information will be in the enrollment report.
- Have students contact their teachers right away. Students can contact their teachers through the messaging tools with the course. They can also email their teachers.
- Ensure students can log in and access course. If students are having login difficulty, contact the Virtual Support Center here: http://www.help.ncvps.org/ The student or the ELA can complete the online ticket. Be sure to include the following information in the ticket:
Student’s PowerSchool ID
Student’s email address
Class that the student can’t access
- If there are issues with German classes, please contact OSU at 1-800-423-6493 email@example.com
- We will continue to enroll through our 10th day of class. Credit recovery and OCS will be open for a few weeks longer than that. See our calendar here.
- Courses that are “at capacity” are the most difficult to get in. We have no additional teaches for those courses, we can’t open additional sections, and the sections are at max size. Students already enrolled in the course would have to drop for a waitlisted student to get in. This list shows the courses that are at capacity.
- Courses that have a waitlist but are not at capacity vary in the length of time to get enrolled. Our division directors have to determine if they can open a new section or increase section sizes. Students can be on the waitlist for 1-2 days at this point if there is not a capacity issue.
- Students are enrolled immediately into courses without a waitlist.
Other Enrollment Notes
- Students come off the waitlist in the order that they went on the waitlist. First on, first off.
- Once a student has an “enrolled” status, it will be about 24 hours before the student can access the course.
- After Day 10, we will start accepting transfer students who meet our transfer criteria.
4th Day of Class
- Check the Day 3 Student Status (No-Show) Report. NCVPS will post the Day 3 Student Status in the Reports section of the registration system. This report is an early warning notice that identifies students who have not logged into their courses by Day 3.
- Make contact with the parents and students who have not logged in. Determine the next steps for them. If you confirm that the student is not going to take the course, please drop them from the course in the registration system. This will help other students move off the waitlist.
8th Day of Class
- Check the Day 7 Student Status. This report will be posted in the registration system. Students who have not logged in by Day 7 and submitted their first assignment will be identified in this report. This is our last notice of inactive students before the Day 10 drop deadline.
- If you confirm that the student is not going to take the course, please drop them from the course in the registration system. This will help other students move off the waitlist. Also, after Day 10, a student’s enrollment will count in your allotment totals.
- Please note that NCVPS will no longer administratively drop students who have not logged in.
10th Day of Class
- This is the last day for a student to drop a course(s) without penalty. Remember that the teacher cannot drop the student. The ELA must drop the student in the registration system. Students on the roster after Day 10 will receive a grade and their enrollment will count in your allotment total.
- Make contact with your testing coordinator to see when you need to order EOC/CTE tests for your students enrolled in courses with state mandated EOC/CTEs.